Saturday, November 22, 2014

Joe & Golpar

An unlikely meeting.......

I get a call out of the blue from a Facebook friend I have never met who proceeds to tell me that she's always admired my work and the different cultures I photograph. Ok, and that she has a friend who's getting married in Chicago who is Persian and that she recommended to the bride that we visit about me photographing her wedding.

So now I have a phone number and it's time to make that awkward phone call because I'm not even sure what just happened.  Well I call Golpar, the bride, she doesn't really know me but tells me a bit about her wedding and says that she and her fiancĂ©e will look at my website and get back with me.

Being 100% honest here, I was thrilled about the possibility of shooting a Iranian/Filipino wedding but I'm thinking, I either won't hear back or this one will be a "no".  To my surprise, after a couple days, I receive a phone call from Golpar and she was thrilled.  She even went on to say how much she loved my work and that she couldn't get her husband off my website.  Very cool stuff here.  So off went the contract.......

Fast forward to wedding day and I'll be honest, I cried like a baby during the reception but I had to maintain some type of composure because I was still working and needed to capture all the emotions of the day.  The love between these two, their families and guests was of a type that I have NEVER experienced before.  We laughed, we cried, we remembered and we repeated it all throughout the ceremony.

In my professional career, I have absolutely loved all the couples I've photographed and some I'm still in contact with over social media, etc.  This couple and their wedding day will go down as one of my "all-time" favorites and I will never be the same.  It was awesome re-experiencing their day as I put this show together for them.

Cheers Joe & Golpar.......

David



No comments: