Monday, September 1, 2008

Taste of Chicago - 2008

What does good friends, lamb chops, turkey legs, fried egg rolls (w/collard greens inside), smoke and 100,000 people equal? Fun in the Windy City. I was in Chicago for the Taste Weekend with my best friend, his wife and their daughter. Once we got to the "Taste" we got our our "eat on", I mean we partook of the many delectable culinary delights the "Taste" had to offer.

It was a great time except for the unfortunate Nikon camera incident with my friends camera. Needless to say he got the Big "0" in terms of pictures but my Canon that took the trek over to India with me kept right on shooting away. I actually took some shots entitled "Man Down" but did not include them out of respect for "Nikon". Anyway, there were so many people there that it was hard to shoot but I was able to get off a few shots that I hope you guys enjoy. I have been meaning to post these for quite some time now and I finally got around to it.

Early Morning Shot of the City



On the trail to the Marina


Multi-tasking w/Junior




What a beautiful sky!


















The Collard Green Egg Rolls were the Bomb!





I didn't have any this year but I did go over the lick my chops






















Chicken Wings, hot sauce and something blue


Fried egg rolls with collard greens inside drizzled in this sweet honey type mustard sauce


Lick my Chops!!! They were soooooooooooo good


Italian Sausage





Michigan Avenue after the "Taste"


My friend introduced me to this beer - you really need to give this a try


Night-time/Early Morning Game of Scrabble

1 comment:

Angel said...

Love the shot of the city.