Thursday, August 13, 2009

Greatest Show on Earth

Okay, I admit, this has nothing to do with photography or does it? No pictures to share but this is more about perspective and understanding how the world around is continuing to evolve at an astronomical rate; here's the connection...

The thing I love about photography the most is how the photographer MUST evolve as well as how the art is evolving. This is one of the most challenging crafts/professions I have even been in as well as one of the most exciting!!!. Just when you get something figured out, another aspect of this job/hobby rears it's ugly head. On top of that you get hit like I did a few weeks ago and someone refers to what you do as "Art" and that put a whole new perspective on things; WOW!!!

The video to me is not just about incredible stats on how the world and technology has changed/is changing but more about evolution and keeping pace while "FOCUSing on what's most important..." We can't lose sight of that point in this technoglobalistic (made that one up) society we are building as there has to be some point to all of this. As a photographer I often have to remind myself that I/WE have the awesome job of capturing all of this through the work we do. What other profession on the face of this planet can say that???

Anyway, enough of my rambling; please enjoy this video...

http://rejuvenateyourrestaurant.com/Did-You-Know-Video-Technology-by-Karl-Fisch-Scott-McLeod-Jeff-Bronman.php

No comments: