Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My First Workshop

I am very excited about attending my very first photography workshop next month in Atlanta. It would have been nice to attend a class or workshop of the front end of getting into photography but I do tend to do some things a little backwards; who cares about the rules.

There will be 15 in the workshop and we will do some classroom exercises and go on an actual shoot with a model. My goal is to ask a lot of questions, network with other photographers and have a great time in the process. I could say more but I am sticking with the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year.

Outside of some sightseeing, I hope to shoot different sites in Atlanta and share them on the Blog. I just have a sense that the entire experience will be symbolic of something greater to come.

Lastly, I promised my son's that I would take them to Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry. I should know where I'm going in the city but we ended up taking a detour to the Shed Aquarium; thank God for GPS to get us back on track and I'm not sure why I didn't use it earlier. Anyway, I took this shot of the Navy Pier coastline while my son was on the lookout since I made up my own parking space. Not much to shoot in my little town so I couldn't resist getting this one in. More memories for the boys and I as we scurried back to the car as "The Man" was coming around the corner.

No comments: