Thursday, December 10, 2009

Andy and Beth are Married

I had a lot of fun with this couple before the wedding and after the ceremony was over. It's a joy to watch people just having fun being themselves which makes my job as a photographer very easy. I knew the groom about a year prior and had the pleasure of meeting the bride a couple months before the ceremony. As soon as I met her, I knew they were a perfect match for each other and saw the kids as the cherry on top.

I joked around with Beth and started referring to her as "The Blinking Bride" as she blinked on almost every other shot in anticipation of the picture or my flash. Once I saw what she was doing, I just worked around it while making her and the rest of the wedding party laugh about the situation. When I did my editing I wondered why I had so many of the same shot and noticed that only 1 of 3 had her eyes wide open which was followed by a shot of her smirking as she blinked and laughed. There was no blinking however as she looked into Andy's eyes and said "I do". How cool and special a day this was for the couple who I wish all the best for them and their lovely children.

David


























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What wonderful words you wrote about us. Let me just say that Andy and I are so happy with our pictures. And those that we have shared them with are in agreement that you are a phenomenal photographer. We are lucky we were able to share this experience with you not only as our photographer but also our friend.

Beth Hauck

David N. Beasley Jr. said...

Thanks for those very kind words Beth. I have a very cool job in that I get to meet wonderful people like you and Andy and that I get to experience firsthand how God has richly blessed you too with one another. The pleasure was truly mine.

Regards,

David

Leeann Marie said...

I love the silhoutte picture! It really captures the moment very simply :)

Oh! and PS my parents used to call me Beasley as a little kid!

Have a great new year, David!

xo
Leeann