Monday, February 23, 2009

Alexia "Miss Teen Tennessee Latina"

This evening, I was in the lobby of the Courtyard Marriott in Franklin Tennessee taking pictures of this wonderful ceiling. While there, a lady (Rose Medina) asked me about my camera and whether I took pictures professionally. She quickly realized that this was my passion, I handed her my business card and we were off from there.

I explained the places I have been, where I've shot and learned more about her and her daughters backgrounds. I learned that her daughter Alexia was "Ms. Teen Tennessee Latina 2009_2010", a freshman in high school with ambitions towards practicing law. I asked her Mom if she wouldn't mind me taking her picture, she said yes and off Alexia and I went to another part of the lobby. I shot her for a quick minute and we talked for about 30 minutes until she had to go. This is where I learned a lot about her, the places she's lived, her life ambition, love for animals and animal rights. This is a wonderful, awesome and driven little woman and I can't wait to see her blossom as she represents Tennessee latinas in her "teen" title and as she pursues her dream. Now Alexia wasn't real excited about me taking her picture cold where she didn't have time to prepare but you tell me, isn't she beautiful and isn't this a great shot?

Best wishes Alexia and I will be in touch....



No comments: