Sunday, September 6, 2009

Finding My Mojo

Earlier in the year I set some goals for myself and my work along the journey without being 100% sure how I was going to pull a few of them off. I am happy to tell you that all is well.

I started off the year with a goal to shoot two weddings and I am happy to report that I have four weddings that I will be shooting this year; the first of which will be a destination wedding next week in Jamaica. God is good and I have continued to be thankful and faithful for his continued blessings on my life. I can honestly say that it's been a very interesting journey but I needed the journey to help me find, I mean develop my authenticity with this art. Not sure if I have reached my destination yet and I kinda hope I never do but that I continue to grow.

I have had some awesome opportunities with photography in my life and which have led me to India, Washington D.C., California, Tennessee, and now Jamaica and Seattle in mid October. To get paid for something you love to do, are passionate about is a "gift" which I don't take for granted. I often think of how Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods must feel and now that I have had a little taste, I want more.... I do what I do "part-time" and I'm not putting any limitations of myself and where this will take me. I am just going to be ever clear on the source of my blessings. I have a few pictures to post later today but I wanted to get this out of my head and onto the Blog.

Photography has got to be one of the most complicated, frustrating and time consuming undertakings I have ever embarked on. But at the same time has been one of the most rewarding, fulfilling and inspirational things I have ever done in my life. There to much meat on this bone for me to go into now but I often reflect how I have been finding my "Mojo" over this past year. Thanks to those who read and subscribe to my Blog (Clo, Pru, Angel, eRic and others) for noticing and giving me that feedback. Look forward to more lifestyle and wedding content coming to a Blog near you baby!

David

No comments: