Monday, December 15, 2008

The Coffee Hound

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do a shoot at a local coffeehouse. Now I asked for permission to take some shots so I wouldn't get in trouble; at least not right away. Well one of my clients, who shall remain nameless at this point, took it upon herself to rearrange the Christmas Tree, kick another customer out of his chair so she and her sister could pose with "Frosty the Snowman". These women even went out in the cold Midwest air to get some shots and that's saying something because you know how women are with the wind and their hair. As you can probably tell, we had a lot of fun, drank a lot of coffee and I believe their shots turned out great!!!

They shared with me that they are going to use the shots for Christmas cards to surprise a special someone who shall remain nameless at this point. From what they told me, they hadn't taken pictures together as sisters for years. I felt honored that they used me as their medium for correcting this wrong. They are sisters to the end and some of the stories they told about each other and growing up were heart warming. They are also very beautiful people, inside and out, so how could they have not taken a picture together for so long? As not to "spill the beans"I will refrain from posting their faces till after Christmas in case a "you know who" sees them out there and starts to put two and two together.

There is something that happens through the lens as I photograph people primarily. I feel as though we gain some type of connection that will last a lifetime. In the course of a normal shoot, I spend a lot of time, either on the front end or the back end, getting to know the people infront of the lens and visa versa. This has been awesome and it has helped me connect more with people, the community and my surroundings. And, when you are shooting people and get into editing, you get a chance to see people sometimes better than they see themselves. Whether photoshop or another editing program, there is so much more there after the click of the shutter.

For now, enjoy this cup of "joe" on me.

David


The Real Cappuccino



And Counting

1 comment:

Angel said...

Love the Latte shots.