Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

There are only 8 more shopping days left till Santa Claus comes to town. I hit the "mall" earlier today to pick up a gift for a unit celebration tomorrow. I dreaded every minute I was in the "maul" knowing I was coming back in a few days to do the shopping thing for real. Ok, breathe!

In the mist of the trampling to get gifts that will be unremarkable to the receiver in a short two months, Black Friday elbowing, shootings, etc. I pray the true meaning of the season prevails. It's not about whether we get what we want or even deserve for that matter but it's about the most unselfish gift that was given to all of us more than 2000 years ago; today I called it "The Gift That Keeps on Giving". Enjoy your friends, family and the true reason for the season.

God Bless....

David





No comments: