Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Preston Jackson

I know I've been away from the Blog community for a while but things have been busy with home and work and blogging took a back seat for a while. Well I am back and proud to bring you a few photo's from a recent trip I took to Peoria Illinois to do some shooting just for fun ;)

While in Peoria, I ran across some art by Preston Jackson that was breathtaking. You can click on his name to learn more about the man and other work he has done. This feature was done by Preston in 1997 and is on the Riverfront in Peoria Illinois. It was pretty cold that day but well worth the trip.















































After I finished shooing Mr. Jackson's art, I took a few more shots on my way back home; yes I stopped and got a beer. It hit the spot after all that shooting.







P.S. I am working on some split toning with my black and white photo's and would appreciate some feedback on these. Thanks
David

4 comments:

Pru said...

Lovely photos! Love the finish. Reminds me of the days when I would pull out the film camera and trick the system to get the sepia toning. Imagine how life had changed.....it's all done with a few clicks of the mouse. I'm still getting used to the photoshop thing...but these photos are beautiful. Would be nice art on a wall. You should sell these.

SBrownART said...

These photos are awesome!

Michele

David N. Beasley Jr. said...

Thanks for the feedback Pru and Michele. I am going to continue to learn more about split toning and perfect this look.

Michele, love the music on your website; who is this because I need to buy this album?

Angel said...

The split toning looks good, especially on the steam boat image. I think it is because it give the images an old fashioned look. Nice work, keep it up.