Well we are almost done with January and as promised here are my 2009 goals for the year. I have been blessed with what I have been able to accomplish in a short 26 days and here's what I am planning for the next 339. It's only through being whole again that I am able to do this and I am excited about where God will take me with the business in this stage of my maturity. I will be adding goals and hopefully checking things off each month as the year progresses but wanted to start here. I am going to use prayer and elements from "The Secret" to energize and guide my path.
On the journey.....
1. Consistently pray before getting out of bed, starting any shoot and ending my day
2. Shoot two weddings (1- second shooter and 1 primary shooter or some derivative of the two)
3. Do a shoot with another professional photographer
4. Streamline client meetings
5. Identify someone with marketing and graphic design experience that can help me with plans, logo and designs for website, Blogs and print materials.
6. Develop logo, branding and other marketing materials for business
7. Develop new business cards with new logo and theme.
8. Develop theme for business - Done (“FOCUSing on what's most important!”)
9. Add new innovative and creative elements/offering to the Blog
10. Identify opportunities for small impromptu shoots
11. Improve comfort level with on/off camera flashes, strobes and umbrellas
12. Refine my photo editing processes in Lightroom and Photoshop
13. Refine process for managing (archiving/backing up)images
14. Get work published in print (book or magazine)
15. Make time to post to other photographers Blogs
16. Start new innovative project leveraging photography - Done “The Model in You – The Beauty in Diversity”
17. Start new Blog - Done www.themodelinyou.blogspot.com
18. Consistently “Thank God” for giving me the inspiration, ability, creativity, insight and strength to pursue photography and bless others through my work!