Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Comfort Zone

My comfort zone is being behind the camera where I belong but I needed to do some quick self portraits for my Blog, website and college alumni roundup. So, I got out the pocket wizards, my camera, light stand, flash and off I went . Back and forth from in front of the camera to the view screen to see how things turned out. I did these quickly in Black and White and they turned out pretty good. I love photography and sometimes the photographer needs to be the "FOCUS of what's most important..." SO it is done









6 comments:

Angel said...

Nice job, Dave! These came out really good. I about fell out my chair laughing when I got to the shot with your tongue sticking out. Great job!

gina lee ~ said...

aaaaaah.. now I can put a face with the post.... great self portraits...
G.

David N. Beasley Jr. said...

Thanks ladies and these were fun. I guess it was time for the blog community to see what I looked like.

Prudence said...

Out front huh? Great pictures. Now I can put a face with the emails/blogs. Great lighting by the way. That's my next project, to figure out lighting.

Fun...thanks for sharing, you!

David N. Beasley Jr. said...

Thanks Prudence. I used an off camera flash with an omnibounce to help disperse the light. Lighting is also one of my goals this year.

e Richard Photography said...

Great job David. I'm in need of some self portraits myself. I don't have the Pocket Wizards yet. I'll have to rely on natural light and the timer on my camera for now.

~eRic